My Photo
Name:

I'm a Minister of Music and Worship in a Baptist church with BOTH cutting edge (for where we live) contemporary and full-on traditional worship services struggling to build bridges and strengthen community among and between our worship congregations.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Napoleon on Christ

"I know men; and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this very hour millions of men would die for Him."

~ attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte
source: Donald Miller, Searching for God Knows What,
© 2004 Donald Miller, p. 138.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home