My Photo
Name:

I'm a Minister of Music and Worship in a Baptist church with BOTH cutting edge (for where we live) contemporary and full-on traditional worship services struggling to build bridges and strengthen community among and between our worship congregations.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Lives of continued worship cannot but be lives of continued prayer, since continuing worship is itself a continued and continuously varied conversation with the One who lives within us. It should be an unbroken continuum, a breathing in and out, a full articulation of all that we are in Christ throughout all our days. Living in Spirit and truth, walking the course of my days in the beauty of holiness, undertaking every action as a living sacrifice is, in its way, conversation with the Almighty. So this question comes to me: As I think of the mix of things that comprise my day, can I truthfully and unabashedly say that any one of them is in itself a prayer, another way of saying, "My Lord and my God"?
~ Harold Best, Unceasing Worship: Biblical Perspectives on Worship and the Arts (2003, Intervarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL), p. 99.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home